Sunday 27 November 2011

Mistiming my Treats

Timing is everything when managing snacking. My husband and I went to the movies last night but decided to hit the early show then have dinner afterwards. As the movie started at 5:30pm and I knew that meant we wouldn’t be getting dinner until at least 8:30, I felt perfectly justified in getting a bag of chocolates to have during the movie. Of course the theatre only sells large packages and as the movie progressed I found myself grazing my way through the whole thing, all 725 calories of it! I knew I had had way too much so I ate lightly at the restaurant, but if we had eaten first then gone to the movie there is no way I would have bought, let alone eaten, that much chocolate. I would have eaten more at the restaurant, but I would rather have an extra 200 or 300 calories of restaurant food and no chocolate than a small meal and over 700 calories of chocolate!

Worse than the calorie count was the lack of nutrients in my diet yesterday. With over 40% of my calories from cake and chocolate, it’s no surprise the balance was way off, with only 14% protein and 34% fat. And there was a distinct lack of fruit and vegetables, though all the dried fruit in the muesli I had for breakfast and in my fruit and seed mix probably adds up to a serving of fruit. Part of the problem is that I don’t seem to have gotten the timing and snacks right earlier in the day either. I was running out of the house trying to get to the shops before noon, so I only managed half my morning snack on the way, which meant I was really too tired to cook a proper lunch as planned. So lunch was a bit low on calories and protein, which led to my being hungry again less than 2 hours later.

So for me, getting back on track has a much to do with timing and planning as the actual things I eat.

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2308.20
81.13g
298.65g
87.32g
0
25.34g
14%
52%
34%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
08:30
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
09:30
Black Tea
500mL
11:00
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
11:30
Sainsbury's fruit and seed mix
17g
13:15
Sainsbury's Vegetable Dhansak soup
310g
Genius brown bread toast
1 slice
Irish Yoghurts Diet Fruits of the forest
125g
15:15
Sainsbury's fruit and seed mix
23g
Sainsbury's Freefrom Mince Pies
1 pie
Green Tea
250mL
16:00
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
17:15
Aero Bubbles
135g pkg
20:30
Tony Roma's Original baby back ribs
4 ribs
Tony Roma's steamed broccoli
1 serving
21:00
Camomile Tea
250mL

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment