Monday 21 November 2011

Day 2 of Resting My Back

Did a little better yesterday on the diet front. I still spend most of the day in the bath or with my back carefully supported on the sofa, and I was still bored to tears and annoyed I could do nothing without being in pain. However, I managed to avoid eating quite as much junk food. I did send my husband out for healthier eats which is how we ended up having a lovely cheese plate complete with crackers and chutney for an afternoon snack. We then had a baked cod in a peperonata sauce for dinner, which has plenty of tomatoes, olives, peppers and onions, as well as over 7g of fibre. So while I was still below my goal 25g of fibre for the day, it was much closer than the 18g I got on Saturday.

The rest of the nutritional profile was quite similar to yesterday’s, but I think that has more to do with the lack of protein at breakfast than junk food (we were out of turkey bacon and it was too much trouble to make eggs). Less than 10% of yesterday’s calories came from fruit cake, so the extra carbohydrates were mostly from the brown rice at lunch and the quinoa at dinner, as it should be. Which once again proves I should have no trouble upping my carbohydrate intake later in the year when my training switches from building endurance to building speed.

However, that is a concern for a later date. At the moment I need to focus on keeping the calories down this week, and very gently easing myself back into daily activities and then exercise. With my impatience, that will be easier said than done!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1862.59
94.41g
258.18g
49.46g
0
23.71g
20%
56%
24%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
09:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Princes tinned Mandarin segments in juice
155g
10:00
Black Tea
500mL
12:00
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
13:00
Sainsbury's light sweet & sour cooking sauce with chicken and extra vegetables
270g
Brown rice
50g (dry)
16:30
Green Grapes
100g
Wookey Hole Mature Cheddar
50g
on Mrs Crimble's gluten free cheese crackers
5 crackers
with Waitrose caramelised red onion chutney
34g
19:45
Cook Baked Cod with Peperonata
360g
Merchant Gourmet Red and White Quinoa
100g
19:30
Sainsbury’s Freefrom iced rich fruit cake slice
1 slice

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment