Monday 28 November 2011

Getting back into Exercise

Not too bad a diet day yesterday. Calories were a little high but as I’ve said before I’m not giving up my treats no matter how much I want to lose weight. The good news is that I got enough fibre and the nutrient proportions were dead on. However, I was still having problems with timing. I managed to have a mid morning snack at the right moment and lunch about 2 ½ hours later. I was due to have another snack at 5:30 or 6:00pm but I’d only finished having two mince pies at 3:00pm and thought we would be having supper before 7:30 so didn’t bother. But then I got to talking to my parents on the phone and next thing I know we’re having dinner at 9:00pm. I don’t think I ended up eating more than I would have otherwise, but I certainly felt quite tired and gloomy all evening.

In fact I’ve had a somewhat gloomy weekend so maybe more time in the gym and on the road will help. They do say that a regular exercise program is just as effective as most antidepressants at lifting mood. Not to mention how good it feels to progress in my training routines, being able to do the hard exercises or run a new distance. So I’m actually looking forward to starting training again today and getting back into my normal eating and exercise routines. I did OK last week at keeping the calories down but I would rather run to lose weight than diet. Hopefully all my hard work will show up in my monthly measurements on Thursday!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1946.28
121.31g
219.72g
61.85g
0
24.67g
25%
45%
29%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
09:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Whole Scrambled egg with 2 egg whites
3 eggs
Bob's Red Mill Pure Oats
40g
with Sultanas
20g
Sainsbury's pure squeezed orange juice
200mL
12:00
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Red Apple
about 125g
14:30
Fresh Roasted chicken breast
175g
Waitrose prepared fresh broccoli, leek and cabbage
116g
Sainsbury's Taste the Difference apple sauce
7g
Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Cranberry sauce
33g
15:00
Sainsbury's Freefrom Mince Pies
2 pies
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
17:15
Green Tea
250mL
19:00
Camomile, honey and vanilla tea
250mL
21:00
Baked salmon
100g
Merchant Gourmet Red and White Quinoa
100g
Frozen peas
100g
22:30
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment