Wednesday 23 November 2011

Hungry?

Yesterday was another good diet day, despite my being out all afternoon and having a dance class right when I would normally be having supper. Not too high in calories, good proportions of the different nutrients, high in fibre, and enough fruit and veg. Apparently I’m getting better at picking lower calorie sushi items and, now that I know how high in calories they can be, at having fewer of them. Less than 10 pieces of sushi (4 of them the small cucumber or avocado rolls) still doesn’t feel like a full meal though, which is how I ended up having a chocolate bar right before my class. But I avoided the temptation to eat a “proper” meal or larger snack after my class or when I got home, sticking to my Sponser Protein Snack. This despite a vague feeling of ‘I’ve missed supper’ and a strong urge to eat more, which just goes to show what a creature of habit I’ve become, because I wasn’t even hungry!

Actually I’ve been quite impressed with my ability to keep the calorie count down over the past 4 days. Admittedly calories are not everything and it hasn’t always been the healthiest of diets, but after last week’s excesses I really thought I would have trouble eating less. I just haven’t been that hungry. I guess my body is getting better at only being hungry when I’m working out regularly and actually need the calories. It will be interesting to see if my appetite picks up again when I resume working out later this week, or next week when the hard work starts.

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1904.23
113.91g
239.08g
55.65g
0
34.15g
24%
50%
26%

Calories burned through exercise:
185


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
08:30
Black Tea
500mL
10:30
Total Greek yoghurt
115g
Sainsbury's frozen mixed blueberries and strawberries
100g
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
10g
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
13:15
Home-made chilli
300g
Merchant Gourmet tinned puy lentils
100g
Tomatoes
140g
15:30
Black Tea
250mL
17:00
Sushi
9 pieces
Green Tea
500mL
19:00
Wispa Gold chocolate bar
52g
19:30
Modern dancing, about half an hour
20:30
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
TriBerry Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment