Thursday 22 March 2012

Why Love Leads to Weight Gain

I was feeling a bit stiff from my Body Balance class yesterday morning, but I felt oddly better. I had a really productive morning at work, feeling quite up and focussed. Yesterday afternoon I decided a nap was a better use of my rest week time than another workout, and it did leave me feeling refreshed and well able for my 5pm meeting. I also had a pretty good diet day, right up until my husband came home with yet more Easter chocolates! Even though I was full from my dinner last night, I couldn’t resist having some chocolate when my husband was sat next to me on the sofa digging into his.

There is something about the prevalence of chocolates around Easter. I like to think I am pretty savvy to the effect of advertising on my life, but apparently I am not immune to the temptation of cheap Easter chocolates piled high around the entrance to every shop. Though to be fair, it’s my husband and not I who has been buying them. I have asked him not to, but his argument is that he would feel bad buying for himself and not for me, and that I would probably end up nicking half of his anyways. And to be fair he is trying to be sweet, bringing me a surprise treat, so I feel bad refusing it.

The problem is that I have not self control when it comes to chocolates, even when I’ve just eaten a good meal. If I could have a few pieces, or the equivalent of just one normal sized, 200 calorie bar, it would be fine. One of those giant Easter eggs would last for at least a week and I would get a daily treat that didn’t blow everything out of proportion. But once I start, I just can’t seem to stop, and if I know it’s in the house, I just have to have it.

There is still plenty of chocolate in the house so it looks like this is not going to be the week where I get my calories back under 2000!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2368.45
126.61g
290.49g
79.00g
0
34.34g
21%
49%
30%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Nature's Path Gluten Free O's
60g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
08:30
Black Tea
500mL
09:30
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
10:45
Sainsbury's fruit and seed mix
40g
Brazil nuts
6g
Plums
105g
11:30
Green Tea
250mL
13:15
Princes tuna chunks in water
63g
with Hellman's Light mayonnaise
12g
and Branston gherkin relish
10g
on Genius brown bread toast
2 slices
Tomato
85g
Skim milk
200mL
Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself chocolate mousse
62.5g
15:30
Green Tea
250mL
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill
16:30
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
18:45
Strawberry lemonade Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL
19:30
Cook Moroccan Spiced lamb Tagine
280g
Merchant Gourmet Red and White Quinoa
100g
Galaxy milk chocolate
63g
22:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment