Sunday 18 March 2012

I Know I Said I Wanted Chocolate But . . .

Bit of a strange day. I had my interview to be an Olympic Volunteer in the late morning, so I had to get up and get out of the house at a decent time and make my way all the way out to the Excel in the rain. The interview went well, but the whole process took much longer than I thought it would. I only got back to Waterloo station about 1:15pm, at which point I decided it had been too long since I’d had food, so got some quick sushi. By the time I got home I was really tired and sore from my workouts over the past few days. So instead of a hill run I had a nap.

This would have been fine but then my husband and I ended up going on a chocolate binge that evening. We decided to stay in and watch a movie, so my husband went out to pick up a couple of things and came back with giant Easter Eggs and bars of chocolate for both of us. Now I did say I was craving chocolate, but I thought he’d come back with a single normal sized bar. Apparently I need to be more clear about what I expect! I know better than to keep large amounts of sweets in the house, but I apparently forgot to tell him. And yes, I know that I don’t have to eat it just because it’s there, but it’s really hard to resist the siren call of the sweets when I’m ensconced on the sofa watching a movie with my husband, especially when we’ve both been feeling a little blah all day. It does seem to be the less exercise I do the more likely I am to overeat.

So no surprise I had way too many calories, most of them from fat, and not enough from protein. Not a lot more to say, except there is still a lot of chocolate in the house to tempt me over the next few days!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2828.90
129.92g
345.86g
101.0g
7.8g
35.15g
18%
49%
32%
2%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
08:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Whole Scrambled egg with 2 egg whites
3 eggs
Heinz Beanz, reduced sugar and salt
185g
Mushrooms
110g
in butter
5g
Raw Tomato
85g
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
150mL
10:30
Black Tea
700mL
13:30
Maki and Nigiri sushi
10 pieces
Edamame
1/2 cup
Miso soup
1 cup
17:00
Waitrose Love Life free from fruit scones
1 scone
with Flora Light
2g
St Dalfour Blackcurrant jam
16g
Irish Yoghurts Diet Pear and Mango
125g
Plums
150g
18:00
Galaxy smooth milk chocolate
84g
Caffeine free Black tea
500mL
20:00
Poached salmon
120g
Tilda Coconut and lime rice
100g
Steamed broccoli
95g
20:45
Galaxy smooth milk chocolate
42g
21:45
Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry
50g
Galaxy Minstrels
42g
22:30
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment