Tuesday 20 March 2012

Of all the Reasons to Overeat . . .

Well my calorie intake certainly didn’t improve yesterday. I was fine for most of the day, eating decent sized healthy meals and snacks as usual and not having too much trouble keeping the calories down. In fact I got to the end of dinner and found I’d had less than 1800 calories with over 26% from protein. So I decided to treat myself to one of the small packets of minstrels that came with the giant chocolate Easter Egg my husband got me on Saturday. At about 200 calories there was no problem there, but then I found once I opened up the chocolate taps I just couldn’t stop. Less than 45 minutes later I found myself breaking into the chocolate again, and this time I ate half of a large egg without hardly pausing for breath.

I do ascribe to the theory that we do not do things without a reason. If I felt the urge to massively overeat chocolate then something must be going on. I wasn’t hungry, and in fact I found the chilli I had for dinner quite filling. I wasn’t overly tired or recovering from a big workout as it was a rest day and I’d had a decent night’s sleep the night before. I was reasonably content, I’d had a good day, got some work done, did well on the rest of my food diary, so it wasn’t a bad mood thing. No, I think it was simply boredom. After dinner my husband started watching a sports program on TV I wasn’t interested in and I found myself a bit at loose ends. I didn’t feel like surfing the internet or playing on the computer, and I didn’t have a book on the go I could read. After sitting on the sofa and eating chocolate for a while, I finally had the idea to do my nails. Clearly boredom was the problem because as soon as I started doing something else with my hands, the craving stopped.

I think it’s time I had another look at potential hobbies and evening activities!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2521.34
124.23g
298.13g
93.88g
0
27.96g
20%
47%
33%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:30
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Mesa Sunrise cereal
60g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's Orange juice with juicy bits
200mL
09:30
Black Tea
350mL
10:45
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Fresh pineapple
137g
12:15
Green Tea
250mL
13:15
Princes tuna chunks in water
63g
with Hellman's Light mayonnaise
12g
and Branston gherkin relish
10g
on Genius brown bread toast
2 slices
Waitrose Babyleaf salad
35g
with Kraft Light Honey Mustard dressing
10g
Irish Yoghurts Diet Strawberry
125g
Strawberry lemonade Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill
14:00
Black Tea
300mL
16:00
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
20:00
Homemade chilli
400g
Sharwood’s plain poppadoms
2 poppadoms
Skim milk
200mL
Galaxy Minstrels
42g
21:00
Galaxy Minstrel milk chocolate Easter egg
100g
22:30
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment