Friday 23 March 2012

Comfort Eating and Comfort Shoes

I had a really crappy day yesterday. Clearly hormone induced, since there was very little wrong with my life and it was even a bright, sunny day, the hottest yet. I woke up feeling blah and lifeless, so after staring at my computer for half an hour and getting nowhere I decided to go run errands and do some shopping. I had clear goals and a list of things to do and get – go to the bank, get a new watch battery, buy toothpaste . . . Instead I found myself in the shoe store trying on just about every pair of summery high heels they had. An hour late I came out with two new pairs of impulse buy shoes, one of which is so high and fashionable and unlike me my husband was in shock! Actually part of reason I stayed so long and bought so much is that for the past year I have been confined to flats while my feet recovered from surgery. And I never was one for seriously high heels as I had jobs where I had to walk and stand all day and most shoes hurt my feet. So to find high heels that were comfortable to wear for the first time in my life! It’s a miracle I only bought two pairs.

Of course I had impulse buy regret as soon as I got home, and was once again feeling moody and unsatisfied. So I turned to chocolate for comfort, which as I mentioned yesterday, we now have an abundance of in the house. Over the course of the day I managed to eat over 1000 calories in chocolate! No wonder I had so few calories from protein and my diet was so high in fat. The lack of vegetables and healthier food probably didn’t help my mood either, creating a nasty cycle.

So no work done, no exercise, poor diet and all my spending money for the month gone on shoes. Whatever else happens, today has just got to be a better day!
                                                                                                                                                                                                 
The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2610.60
90.15g
364.34g
88.14g
0
22.88g
14%
56%
30%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
08:30
Black Tea
500mL
09:30
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
11:00
Eat Natural bar with almonds, apricots and yoghurt
50g
13:30
Heinz Beanz, reduced sugar and salt
185g
Skim milk
200mL
Waitrose Love Life free from fruit scones
1 scone
with Flora Light
2g
St Dalfour Blackcurrant jam
16g
Plums
105g
Dairy Milk Caramel Egg
1 egg
16:15
Irish Yoghurts Diet Strawberry
125g
Butterkist microwave butter popcorn
25g
Dairy Milk Caramel Egg
1 egg
19:00
Blackcurrant and ginseng tea
250mL
20:15
Turkey and Butternut Squash Risotto
333g
21:00
Dairy Milk chocolate egg
50g
21:30
Dairy Milk chocolate egg
50g
23:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment