Friday 16 March 2012

A Beautiful Spring Day

It was beautiful spring day yesterday – sunny and the temperature got all the way up to 18 C. So I took advantage of the fact I run my own company from home to go out and enjoy the weather. I went for lunch with a friend, where we sat on a terrace by the river in the sun. La Tasca has a new menu, which seems to have more gluten free options (including chorizo!), however, still no nutritional information there or on the website so calories wise your guess is as good as mine. Then I wandered into town and paused at a new bakery on the corner, Sweet Revenge, which was advertising “Gluten free cakes this weekend!” in the window. So I went in and had a cup of tea and a chat with the server, who revealed that the owner and baker was herself a celiac so they offer 2 flavours of gluten free cupcakes every weekend and any flavour of gluten free cakes on order. I even snuck a slightly stale red velvet gluten free cake from last weekend, which was still lovely.

However, after my lunch and a cake I definitely needed a run that afternoon. My husband was home early so we went out for my interval/fartlek run together. On the one hand, it was a bright sunny day, I was feeling somewhat fresh and my husband really pushed me to sprint all out during my fast fartleks. On the downside, my husband was also feeling really fresh and was really pushing me to work hard during my fast fartleks.  I thought I was going to die, or at least throw up a couple of times. I could feel my quads working far harder than I’m used to and my heart rate never got below 165 bpm – and spent most of its time above 175 bpm.

I was so tired afterwards I couldn’t face making dinner, so ended up having a ready meal from Waitrose, and I can hardly move this morning my legs are so sore. However, no pain no gain and this is how we get faster, right?

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2399.18
113.98g
278.86g
92.13g
0
28.69g
19%
46%
35%

Calories burned through exercise:
383


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:15
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Sainsbury's Freefrom oats
50g
with Sultanas
20g
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
08:00
Black Tea
500mL
09:15
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
10:15
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Plums
125g
Irish Yoghurts Diet Apricot and Nectarine
125g
11:00
Twinings Camomile, honey and vanilla tea
250mL
13:00
La Tasca Chorizo
1/2 serving
La Tasca Paellla Valencia
1/2 serving
La Tasca Babyleaf salad with oil and vinegar dressing
1 serving
La Tasca Vegetable Gratin
1/2 serving
La Tasca Tortilla Espanola
1/2 serving
14:15
Gluten Free Red Velvet cupcake
1 cake
Green tea
250mL
15:15
Interval Run - 33 minutes
16:00
Strawberry lemonade Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
750mL
16:30
Sponser Chocolate Recovery Shake
30g
in Skim milk
225mL
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill
20:00
Waitrose Love Life Beef with mushroom & red wine gravy
1 serving
Waitrose red cabbage
120g
20:30
Fresh pineapple
168g
22:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment