Sunday 16 October 2011

Proof that Observing a Behaviour Changes It

I actually think this was not a bad day considering everything that was going on, despite the rather high calorie and fat count. In the afternoon I had a business networking event/party, which involved loads of canapés and a couple of free drinks, as well as lunch. I had pre-ordered to make sure I had gluten free food (I chose the fish as my main with the cheese plate for afters), and I managed to avoid the alcohol. However, the canapés presented a few challenges. First, there were very few gluten free options (lots of mini quiches and spring roll type things) and the staff were unable to guarantee the safety of those that should be gluten free (like the vegetable dips). So that made me nervous. But the second part was the thought of having to record everything I ate at the party. Doing this food diary has made me much more conscious of what I eat all the time, and how hard some things are to score nutritionally. On the one hand, it probably kept me from overindulging in party nibbles yesterday, which is a good thing. But on the other hand, it is no longer a good representation of how I normally eat, as without the diary I probably would have tried a couple of carrot sticks in dip or cubes of goat’s cheese.

Of course in hindsight, I really should have had something as we didn’t sit down to lunch until almost 3pm! Then I had the problem of too few carbohydrates with lunch, which meant I was hungry again an hour later – hence the snack bar. After we got home, we had leftover chilli and guacamole for dinner, which was great. Unfortunately I was unable to resist the call of the Doritos while watching a movie with my husband. But hey, it was a Saturday night! Thank goodness I worked out in the morning, as even with all the cheese and Doritos, after you subtract my exercise calories from the total I am still below 1800 calories for the day. Proof that proper planning can prevent a total calorie meltdown!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2120.01
112.91g
227.95g
72.06g
15.5g
25.8g
21%
43%
31%
5%
Calories burned through exercise:
405


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
08:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Mattesson’s Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's orange, mango and passionfruit juice
200mL
08:30
Black tea
500mL
09:45
Workout - resistance training
Citrus Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL
11:00
Seedless Red Grapes
100g
Sponser chocolate Recovery Shake
20g (1 scoop)
mixed with skim milk
150mL
15:00
Plaice fillet
1 fillet
Roasted new potatoes
5 halves
in butter
10g
Rocket Salad with tomatoes
about 1/2 cup
15:45
Stilton
about 30g
Brie
about 25g
Cheddar
about 20g
Seedless Red Grapes
50g
Apple
1/4 section
16:15
Green tea
500mL
17:30
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
19:30
Home made chili
250g
Home made guacamole
100g
Red Wine
150mL
22:30
Doritos Cool Original corn chips
40g


No comments:

Post a Comment