Friday 7 October 2011

Getting the Balance Right

Yesterday was a much more typical day for me, and much closer to the ideal balance I am striving for. I own my own company and work from home so most of the time I can have cooked meals for lunch and prepare snacks for myself in the comfort of my own kitchen and take my time doing it. Though to be fair, I did eat this way when I was working in the City of London as a busy Estate Agent too. I kept nuts in my handbag so I could have a snack while walking between showing appointments, kept yoghurts and fruit in the office fridge for snacks in the office, and brought in dinner leftovers to heat up in the microwave for lunches – just like I have been doing this week with the vegetable tagine.  It didn’t always work, and sometimes I would have to forage in the ready meals aisle in the Tesco local or M&S Simply Food for a lunch, but even there I could usually find something reasonably healthy (and gluten free).

I think one of the reasons I did so much better yesterday was I had shrimp for lunch and chicken for dinner, rather than having one of my main meals being vegetarian. I find it much easier to find low fat fish or animal based protein, as most vegetarian protein sources like chickpeas or nuts seem to be high in fat. Though that could just be my inexperience with vegetarian cooking!

Feel free to suggest some low fat vegetarian protein sources in the comments below.

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1887.61
112.62g
201.3g
59.06g
8.4g
29.51g
24%
43%
28%
3%
Calories burned through exercise:
313


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:30
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
Scrambled eggs (with a dash of salt, pepper and parsley)
2 eggs
Mushrooms
100g
in butter
5g
Raw tomato
97g
Heinz Beanz, reduced sugar and salt
180g
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
09:00
Black tea
500mL
10:45
Seedless Red Grapes
100g
Brazil nuts
7g
Walnuts
13g
11:30
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
13:30
Spinach
25g
Tomato
86g
The English Provender Balsamic Italian Dressing
15g
13:45
Sainsbury's peeled prawns
100g
Wholegrain brown rice
120g
Sainsbury's Pineapple Fruit Dairy Split
60g
14:30
Green tea
250mL
16:00
Lemon Lime Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL
17:00
Total Greek yoghurt
125g
Sainsbury's frozen mixed Blueberries and strawberries
100g
Butterkist salted microwave popcorn
25g popped
19:30
Chicken Stir Fry with Blue Dragon Sticky Plum Sauce
263g
Merchant Gourmet tinned puy lentils
98g
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
21:00
Waitrose Cornish quartz cheddar
36g
Graham's Port
53 mL

No comments:

Post a Comment