Saturday 22 October 2011

Never Underestimate Restaurant Calories!

OK, yes I am trying to vary my intake based on my activity levels, but I don’t think a 1000 calorie difference from one day to the next is really what is required here! My nutrition was pretty average yesterday, right up until my husband and I decided to go see a movie followed by dinner out (a quick FYI: Real Steel is awesome!). I didn’t have any popcorn or candy at the movie theatre, so I decided not to stress and just have what I felt like at the restaurant, without going overboard. So I had a creamy cocktail and ordered potato skins to start, but only had 4 of the 6 skins served me (and less than half the sour cream), split the ribs with my husband and had broccoli for my side. I knew I’d had at least 600 calories, but I just about fell off my chair when I went to the nutritional information on the Tony Roma’s website and discovered that, according them, I’d just had well over 1100! Not such a big deal if you are trying to maintain your weight, but if you are trying to lose weight I can see how just one big night out a week can completely sabotage your efforts!

It’s not a disaster, but it is a bit discouraging since I was doing so well up until yesterday’s night out. The overall calories for the week were pretty good, so even with yesterday’s night out I averaged 1914 calories per day (50 less than last week), with the average daily balance being 22% protein to 47% carbohydrates to 29% fat (and 2% alcohol).  Again, the overall balance is pretty good and while the calorie count is still not below 1800, it is coming down. As well, I burned almost 300 calories per day on average through exercise, which means I am usually at least 200 calories in deficit. And any deficit means pounds lost, however, slowly!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2560.54
119.77g
298.85g
89.49g
14g
20.88
18.7%
46.7%
31.5%
3.8%
Calories burned through exercise:
408


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson’s Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury’s pressed apple juice
200mL
08:30
Black tea
500mL
11:00
Brazil nuts
8g
Cashews
17g
Be Fruity dried fruit bar with strawberry
25g
13:30
Homemade Turkey Cottage Pie
280g
Spinach
25g
Tomato
93g
The English Provender Balsamic Italian Dressing
15g
Sainsbury’s Freefrom iced rich fruit cake slice
1 slice
14:45
Nap
15:45
Easy Run
Tri-Berry Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL
17:00
Sponser chocolate Recovery Shake
40g (2 scoop)
mixed with skim milk
300mL
20:45
Tony Roma's Potato Skins
4 skins
Tony Roma's Original baby back ribs
4 ribs
Tony Roma's Cooked broccoli in butter
1 serving
Pina Colada
1 glass

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment