Tuesday 21 February 2012

A Very Long Day

Yesterday my husband and I attended the funeral of a family member in Halifax. As it was in the late afternoon, and we had spent so much time with the family in the days immediately after the death, we decided against going up early or staying overnight. So we left London just before 10am, were in good time to attend the funeral at 3pm, spent a decent amount of time at the wake and were back on the road home by 6:30pm. We did have a nice clear run back south, and managed to get in before 10:45pm. But it was a very long and exhausting day, physically and emotionally.

Proper planning ensured I was generally OK for food. We packed sandwiches for lunch, plenty of snacks, and knew which services to stop at to get the nice M&S gluten free salads. Of course, there was plenty of comfort eating of chocolates in the car, but considering my usual reaction to stress is to mainline Doritos, I don’t think I did too badly.

The only time I was caught out was at the wake itself – sandwiches, pizza, breaded cheese . . . . basically deep fried you name it. Although my husband assured me it was actually quite greasy and I wasn’t missing much, the smell was very tempting. I did feel out of place having my Protein Snack bar while everyone else was tucking into the catered food. And yes, some people were looking at me oddly as the wake was quite small and I was clearly the only person not eating (and not everyone knows I am a Celiac). No idea how to handle such a situation, since it clearly would be inappropriate to go around telling people I’m Celiac and going on about the catering having anything I could eat. But as I am unlikely to see many of those people again, I’m not too fussed about it.

Here’s to a better week!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2638.61
117.67g
306.30g
94.80g
13.90g
50.90g
18%
46%
32%
4%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:30
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Sainsbury's Freefrom oats
50g
with Sultanas
20g
Sainsbury's pressed apple juice
200mL
08:00
Black Tea
400mL
11:15
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Fresh Blueberries
90g
Cadbury's Chocolate mascots
1 mascot
Black Tea
500mL
13:15
Genius brown bread toast
2 slices
Princes Tuna chunks (in brine, drained)
60g
with Hellmann's light mayonnaise
13g
and Branston gherkin relish
10g
Classics by Thorntons chocolates
4 pieces
14:30
Tea with milk and sugar
400mL
17:15
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
Glennan's Parsnips crisps
27g
Amaretto and orange juice
200mL
20:00
M&S Fuller Longer Smoked mackerel with lentil and apple salad
1 serving
Costa Steamed skim milk with brown sugar
1 small
21:30
Classics by Thorntons chocolates
4 pieces
22:30
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment