Thursday 16 February 2012

Making Exercise Convenient

I don’t see myself as an excessive exerciser, and I think I’ve proved it this week. It is true that I usually do 5 workouts a week, but three of those are only 30 minutes, the minimum daily amount recommended by the government for optimum health. I think one of the keys to keeping up the amount of exercise that I do it making it as easy as possible to work it into my routine. I like running because I can do it from home without much special equipment, and I keep weights in the house so I can fit in a weight routine without having to find time to go to the gym. Plus running or working out from home means I can workout at any time of the day and I have all my favourite toiletries to hand for my shower (no chance of forgetting things).

This week is a rest week though, so after 3 rest days I finally made it to the gym for a swim. It felt a little odd to go all the way there just for a quick swim then come all the way back, as a normally try to “double up” my workouts on the days when I actually go to the gym, doing both a cardio and a weight training session. I guess when it comes to exercise, I really am lazy and a loner, since I don’t mind working out at home by myself at all, and I do mind the trip to the gym. If I could afford it, I would have all kinds of cardio equipment at home too and skip the gym membership altogether. But I do need the cross training, and our gym has a really nice, if somewhat small pool.

Maybe my business will make me rich so that one day I’ll be able to afford the home gym and a large pool as well!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2040.64
103.98g
257.94g
65.09g
0
33.25
20%
51%
29%

Calories burned through exercise:
250


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's Orange, Mango and Passionfruit juice
200mL
09:30
Black Tea
500mL
10:45
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Fresh cherries
110g
12:00
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
13:15
New Covent Garden Smoked Haddock chowder
300g
Cherry tomatoes
125g
Warburton's gluten free fruity tea cakes
1 bun
with Flora Light
7g
Sainsbury's Fabulously Fruity Orchard fruits yoghurt
125g
14:30
Gentle swim
16:00
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
Green tea
400mL
19:00
Doritos Hint of Lime corn chips
50g
20:30
Turkey, Vegetable and Borlotti bean stew
380g
21:30
Sponser Chocolate Recovery Shake
30g
in Hot skim milk
225mL
22:00
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment