Monday 6 February 2012

Celebrating my Weight Loss by Overeating

Don’t think this was my best week. It started out OK, with reasonable calories counts and nutrient balances on the first three days, but was followed by way too many sweets and treats in the latter half of the week. Not only did this raise my average daily calorie balance from 1900 to 2200 (400 more than my goal intake of 1800), but I was also short of protein and got way too much fat.

I do think a contributing factor was doing my measurements on Wednesday. I wasn’t expecting my body composition or size to have improved much, so was really happy to see I’d lost a bit more weight and half an inch from just about everywhere. I am now only one kilo and 2% body fat away from my goal weight and body composition, which is much closer than I thought I would be. I found myself thinking this weekend that, as I had done so well in January, I could afford to let myself go a little. Which may be true, but going from 1800 to 2700 calories a day is not letting oneself go “a little”. An occasional treat is something you have less than once a week, unlike the chocolate pralines and champagne truffles which I was eating by the boxful three days in a row. I think that’s when we move into “weight gaining staple” territory.  

I was able to regain a small measure of control yesterday, though I still managed half a box of alcoholic chocolates. However, there are no chocolates left in the house and I plan to be strict with myself for the four days to make up for it. Of course it may all come for nought anyways, as Friday is my Birthday and just don’t see myself forgoing good food on that day. Which is absolutely fine. I just need to make sure it doesn’t spill over to become an all you can eat  Birthday celebration weekend!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1839.48
97.01g
263.37g
44.87g
0
22.29g
21%
57%
22%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
09:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E,    1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
175mL
09:30
Black Tea
500mL
12:00
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
12:45
New Covent Garden Moroccan Tagine soup
300g
Genius brown bread toast
1 Slice
Brussels Mini Pâté Packs
25g
Raw tomato
108g
Fresh cherries
110g
13:30
Green Tea
250mL
15:45
Salmon and cream cheese rolls
51g
on Amisa Buckwheat crisp bread
11g
Irish Yoghurts Diet Strawberry
125g
16:30
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
17:30
Waitrose Melange Marc de Champagne and Amaretto mini eggs
46g
19:45
Chicken in Uncle Ben's Lemon chicken sauce with carrots and peppers
300g
Basmati rice
150g cooked
22:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment