Friday 17 February 2012

Mind the Eggs!

I fell afoul of some dodgy eggs at breakfast yesterday morning. Let me be clear: the eggs in question were still in date and looked fine. However, they had been in the fridge awhile as we were away last week. I woke up feeling fine, but halfway through breakfast I started getting a very sore stomach, breaking out in a sweat and shaking. Fortunately the breakfast I had already managed to eat stayed down, though that was in serious doubt for the next hour and I kind of wished it had not for the two after that. The upshot of all this was I spent all morning in bed and felt pretty wasted all day. No question of doing any kind of workout, I only just managed to shower at 3pm and get the essential work tasks done by 5pm.

My diet was quite high in starchy carbohydrates, since this is the sort of thing you eat with an upset stomach. Believe it or not, the Doritos at 11:00am really helped to settle my stomach, probably because of the sugar and salt. Then I had the very nice turkey and vegetable soup for lunch with a tea bun, again very starchy and bland. Fortunately I did get enough fruits, vegetables and fibre, which will help the digestion.

So bit of a wasted day really, but I was feeling all better by yesterday evening. Let’s hope it really was the eggs and I’m not coming down with the flu!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1920.56
105.26g
250.09g
55.33g
0
27.76g
22%
52%
26%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
08:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Whole Scrambled egg with 2 egg whites
3 eggs
Genius brown bread toast
1 slices
with Flora Light
4g
and St Dalfour 4 Fruits jam
15g
09:00
Twinings Camomile, honey and vanilla tea
250mL
11:00
Sainsbury's Fabulously Fruity Orchard fruits yoghurt
125g
Fresh Cherries
135g
Doritos Hint of Lime corn chips
30g
Black Tea with milk and sugar
500mL
13:30
Turkey, Vegetable and Borlotti bean stew
500g
Warburton's gluten free fruity tea cakes
1 bun
with Flora Light
4g
Sainsbury's Orange, Mango and Passionfruit juice
200mL
14:30
Green Tea
250mL
16:15
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
19:45
Chicken marinated in mild tikka paste and  yoghurt
95g
Basmati rice
100g cooked
Sharwood’s Poppadoms
18g
Sharwood’s Mango chutney
32g
Mixed salad leaves
25g
22:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment