Wednesday 15 February 2012

Overdoing the Comfort Food

Had a very quiet, dull, dreary sort of day yesterday. I still felt tired and worn out from the weekend and utterly unmotivated, not to mention it was overcast and windy outside. I had planned to do a session of yoga after I got back from running errands in the afternoon, but found myself on the couch eating Doritos with cream cheese and watching TV instead. It didn’t help when my husband came home equally tired and equally ready to couch surf all evening. Good thing we don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day! (I get plenty of presents on my birthday a few days before instead).

I don’t really mind having the higher calorie count really. I probably won’t lose weight but it’s still around what I would eat to maintain my weight. With all the stress this week, eating a bit more and giving my body a break is no bad thing. However, I do mind how far off my nutrient balance has been over the past couple of days. On a rest week I really don’t need to be eating more than 30% fat, but I do need enough protein to recover fully from the last 3 weeks of hard training and help balance my blood sugar levels (and mood). Less than 100g of protein a day just isn’t going to cut it. Not to mention that the lack of protein and high sugar content of my lunch probably contributed to my need to snack later in the afternoon.

So enough with the clotted cream and jam on tea cakes with lunch, and time for more vegetables and lean protein.

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2045.65
89.47g
251.51g
74.64g
0
27g
18%
49%
33%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's Orange, Mango and Passionfruit juice
200mL
08:30
Black Tea
500mL
10:30
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Fresh cherries
110g
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
12:00
Lemon and ginger tea with honey
250mL
13:00
New Covent Garden Pea and Ham soup
300g
Warburtons gluten free fruity tea cakes
1 bun
with clotted cream
20g
and strawberry jam
20g
16:15
Sainsbury's Fabulously Fruity Orchard fruits yoghurt
125g
Doritos Hint of Lime corn chips
50g
with Philadelphia light cream cheese with chives
71g
18:00
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
20:15
Homemade chilli
350g
21:15
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment