Monday 20 February 2012

How much fat?!

This really has not been the best rest week for me, both in terms of diet and exercise. I had planned to do a 30 min swim, two weight and/or yoga sessions and the 5Km Park run. Well, I did manage the Park Run and the swim, but none of the rest. On the one hand, life stress has been pretty high over the past two weeks so extra rest is no bad thing and I should be really fresh going into my next three weeks of hard training (base 3). However, I really was not keeping the calorie burn up and since my diet was so poor much of the time as well, this is a problem.

This week I averaged  2240 calories per day with only 179 calories burned through exercise – and that includes the 550 calories I burned walking over 12Km around Richmond Park yesterday! Five out of the 7 days I ate more than 2000 calories and I never had less than 1900 – when my goal is to keep my calories below 1800. This during a rest week, where I normally try to get less than 1700 on the days I’m not exercising. My nutrient balance was also way off, with only 20% protein and 47% carbohydrates but over 32% fat. I’ve checked, and the last time I had a week where my average percentage of calories from fat was over 30% was the week between Christmas and New Year’s! Not only that, but 2% of my calories this week came from alcohol, but the only time I had any was during my 2 hour meal at The French Table on Friday night. Fortunately it’s very rare for me to drink that much in such a short amount of time, or even to have more than two drinks in the same evening.

Setting aside the special occasion of my birthday supper on Friday, there was still a lot of tea cakes with clotted cream, chocolates, Doritos and cheese in my diet last week, none of which is going to help me lose that last kilo or properly support my training. So this week I really need to focus on the quality of my diet.

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2408.90
114.82g
263.29g
99.11g
0
24.26g
19%
44%
37%

Calories burned through exercise:
550


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
09:30
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple juice
200mL
12:45
Sunday roast pork loin
125g
Roast potatoes
2 large quarters
Mixed root vegetables
1 serving
Gravy
2 spoonfuls
Gluten free Chocolate chip cake with chocolate icing
3/4 of one square
Black Tea
400mL
13:30
Long walk around Richmond Park - 2.5 hours
17:00
Fresh blueberries
106g
Waitrose Cornish Quartz Cheddar
38g
melted onto Genius brown bread toast
1 slice
Caffeine free Black Tea
500mL
17:30
Classics by Thorntons chocolates
6 pieces
Citrus Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL
19:45
Scrambled eggs
2 eggs
with Scottish Smoked salmon
42g
with butter
2g
Genius brown bread toast
1 slice
22:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment