Saturday 21 January 2012

Why chocolates?

Bit of a mixed day yesterday. I knew I was going out for lunch with a friend and had no workouts planned, so I had a good breakfast and a light morning snack. I was quite happy with my menu choices at lunch, as it’s not often I find gluten free blinis (a buckwheat pancake) and it’s not the sort of thing I make at home. I then spent the afternoon shopping with my friend.

What I failed to take into account is the lack of drinks while spending the afternoon walking around. By the time I was starting on my way home at 4:45pm, I was exhausted, thirsty and craving sweets. I ended up buying some mango in the supermarket, thinking to settle my sweet tooth with that, but then couldn’t resist the siren call of the sweetshop - which was right next to the bus stop where I was waiting for my bus to take me home. I’d buy a small bag of chocolates and only have a couple, sharing with my husband and saving the rest for later. When I got home I did have the sense to make up a large bottle of water with an electrolyte tablet and eat the mango first, but then I just couldn’t put the chocolates down!

So an entire bag of chocolates later, I’m wondering if there is something more going on. While it is very like me to have chocolates, it’s not very like me to eat the entire bag in one go! Maybe I’ve lacking in some vital nutrient, or maybe my hormones are all over the place. Rather than feeling guilty over my lack of willpower, I think my time would be better spent figuring out why it happened so I can fix the problem. Fortunately I have this detailed food diary thing so checking for diet problems should be easy!  

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2294.17
104.01g
281.76g
73.79g
14.30g
15.37g
18%
49%
29%
4%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
225mL
09:30
Black Tea
500mL
10:45
Irish Yoghurts Diet
125g
Cox Apple
100g
Green Tea
250mL
13:15
Butternut squash soup
about 1 cup
Black tea with milk and sugar
300mL
13:45
Buckwheat blini with sour cream and chives
1 pancake
topped with scrambled eggs
about 2 eggs
and smoked salmon
about 50g
Black tea
300mL
17:15
Fresh mango
100g
Orange Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
750mL
17:30
Continental collection by Thorntons
96g
20:30
Chicken and butternut squash risotto
300g
White wine
150mL

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment