Tuesday 10 January 2012

Back on the Wagon

I can officially say I am back into my normal routine. I had a very busy day yesterday with plenty of work to get done for our company website, suppliers to call, things to check with our pick and pack company, not to mention preparing for my meetings late in the afternoon. I felt very productive, and like I had accomplished at lot, but I was completely exhausted at the end of it (probably because I was still sending e-mails at 9pm).

Yet for all that it was a much better day all around on the diet front because I was back into my routine of eating my normal foods at the right times. I managed to have just under 1800 calories, plenty of fibre, enough fruit and veg and good proportions of protein, carbohydrates and fats. Actually I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to get as much protein as I did given lunch was a vegetarian bean stew. Though that created a different set of problems – belly bloating and wind. Having beans for every meal yesterday was not well thought out! Plus I know my body is no longer used to a high fibre diet, which makes the problem worse.

I also think that one of the reasons I was so exhausted in the evening was I didn’t fuel up properly after my workout. I had planned to have a Recovery Shake but then discovered there was only a dribble of milk left (as I was pouring it into the glass!), so turned to get a Protein Snack bar, only to find we were out of them as well! I was in a hurry so just had a yoghurt pot, thinking it hadn’t been that hard a workout or that long since I ate lunch. Mistake! I was absolutely starving when I got home at 6:30 and really, really tired, with dinner to make and more e-mails to send.

So a few items on the shopping list today to prevent a repeat!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1792.45
95.32g
216.56g
60.01g
0
32.49g
21.5%
48.5%
30%

Calories burned through exercise:
346


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Whole Scrambled egg with 2 egg whites
3 eggs
Heinz Beanz, reduced sugar and salt
185g
Mushrooms
100g
in butter
5g
Raw tomato
115g
Sainsbury's pure squeezed orange juice
200mL
09:00
Black Tea
500mL
10:30
Cox Apple
150g
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
12:00
Green Tea
250mL
13:15
Lee's Hippy Farm Beans (Leon's Recipe)
350g
Doritos Hint of Lime tortilla chips
40g
Alpro Soya Original
200mL
13:45
Green Tea
250mL
14:15
Resistance workout
TriBerry Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
750mL
15:45
Muller light raspberry and cranberry yoghurt pot
175g
Skim milk
100mL
18:45
Butterkist butter flavour microwave popcorn
25g
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
20:30
Pork steak
90g
Mashed potatoes with butter
200g
Frozen green beans
80g
Bisto Best pork gravy
about 5g
Essential Waitrose Bramley apple sauce
about 20g
21:30
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment