Saturday 28 January 2012

Taking Comfort Eating to New Heights

I had a rather disappointing couple of days. Late on Thursday night I got an e-mail saying I would not be dancing in the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, despite my making the call back auditions, because they have decided to use mostly kids. Ironically I had applied to be a general volunteer for the Olympics as well and my interview was supposed to be yesterday morning. I had already left the house and was almost at Waterloo station when I discovered my interview had been moved to the end of March at the last minute (thank goodness for e-mail on my blackberry).

So there I am in the centre of London at 9:30am with nothing to do until 1:00pm. I decided to go by the National Gallery and see if I could get into the Da Vinci exhibit. I arrived in Trafalgar Square only to discover people had been lining up before dawn for tickets and there were none left for today.  That’s when I decided to spend my way happy and headed to Oxford Street. I ended up getting two lovely tops (on my credit card of course) after spending over an hour trying on the store with the most helpful shop assistant. And yes I was feeling better when I headed over to meet a friend for lunch at 1:00pm. I was emerging from the underground at 20 minutes to one when I get a text message from her saying she has to cancel! So I just turned around and went back to Oxford Street. I came out of the Bond Street tube station, saw a sign, and on a whim decided to have lunch at Claridge’s Hotel – just because I had never been there before. It was lovely, very relaxing, and of course the food was delicious. Needless to say I’m guessing at the calorie counts for that meal, as I’m not even sure what was in parts of it!

I did have a couple of meetings in the afternoon, so I got home about 6:30pm feeling tired, drained, and somewhat depressed again. Then my husband arrived home with a large bouquet of flowers, a bottle of good red wine, the makings of an excellent cheese tray, and chocolates. Clearly he had decided that the best way to improve my mood was through food! And you know what? He was right!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
3222.55
143.52g
309.83g
119.41g
46.5g
23.91g
18%
39%
33%
10%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:30
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Sainsbury's Freefrom oats
50g
with Sultanas
20g
and walnuts
10g
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
08:00
Black Tea
500mL
11:00
Sainsbury's fruit and seed mix
40g
Glaceau vitamin water, defence
500mL
13:15
Goats cheese mousse and Beetroot salad
1 serving
13:30
Butter basted chicken breast
150g
Potato square
50g
Celeriac mousse
30g
13:45
Crème brulée garnished with glazed fruit
about 250g
Tea with milk and sugar
2 cups
19:30
Saint Agur Blue cheese
25g
Brie
37g
Extra Mature cheddar
30g
Wensleydale with cranberries
44g
Brussels Mini Paté Packs
22g
Waitrose Caramelised red onion chutney
36g
Red grapes
105g
Mrs Crimbles's Cheese crackers
43g
Amisa Buckwheat crisp bread
11g
Red wine
150mL
20:30
Red wine
150mL
21:00
Waitrose Marc de champagne and amaretto truffle mini eggs
92g
22:30
Red wine
150mL
23:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment