Wednesday 18 January 2012

Done in by the Atmosphere

Bit of a mixed day yesterday. I was feeling better yesterday morning, no more stuffed head or sore throat, so I decided to have a go at working out in the afternoon. I don’t know if it was a mistake or not, but it was certainly much harder than it should have been! One set of my normal weight routine and I was hot, sweating and breathing much harder than I should have been. So I skipped the second set and did plenty of stretching instead.

Diet wise it started off well. I had to go into the centre of London for a meeting at 5pm, which went really well. So my husband and I decided to go out for dinner afterwards rather than brave the rush hour traffic. We were walking in the direction of Covent Garden when we passed the Shaftsbury theatre, which is currently showing the new musical Rock of Ages. Now my husband has been saying for a while that he wants to see that show, but it was still a surprise when he paused, and suddenly asked if I fancied a show this evening?! We got really great seats, mostly because it was a Tuesday and 45 minutes before curtain you can get almost any seat for cheap.

So there we were, theatre tickets in hand and 30 minutes to find food. Fortunately I knew a sushi place with a conveyor belt nearby – the very essence of quick service. Healthy enough and we got back to the theatre in good time. The issue is that you can’t really go to a rock ‘n roll show where they are trying to create a rock concert vibe and not drink (complete with beer sellers walking the aisles in the auditorium). In a fit of nostalgia I had a couple of rum and cokes, which is what I used to drink when I was 18 and frequenting rock bars. At 175 empty calories each, there goes the diet! Having said that, I had a wonderful time at the show and I am sure the drinks helped!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2256.35
105.91g
287.19g
58.40g
25.0g
27.03g
19%
51%
23%
8%
Calories burned through exercise:
235


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
09:00
Black Tea
500mL
10:30
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Plums
45g
13:15
Quick cook Turkey Steak
54g
Brown rice
50g dry
Microwaved broccoli
58g
Taramri wheat free soy sauce
about 1 tsp
Sunstart Chocolate wrapped golden crunch biscuits
2 biscuits
13:45
Green Tea
250mL
14:15
Weight routine - one set
Orange Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL
15:45
Total Greek yoghurt
125g
Sainsbury's frozen mixed blueberries and strawberries
90g
19:00
Sushi
7 pieces
Edamame
1/2 cup
Green Tea
250mL
19:30
Rum and coke
250mL
Pringles Sour Cream and Onion crisps
40g can
21:00
Rum and coke
250mL
11:30
Orange Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
500mL

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment