Sunday 8 January 2012

Falling off the Wagon

I was having a very bad PMS day yesterday. Woke up feeling groggy and grumpy, even though I’d had a good sleep, so the morning was spent just laying around. I was supposed to go for a workout in the afternoon, but just couldn’t face the gym. So after lunch my husband and I walked into the town centre, did a bit of clothes shopping for me (where I found nothing I wanted to buy) then decided on the spur of the moment to go to the movies. We ended up seeing the 3:00pm showing of the new Sherlock Holmes movie which, while an entirely average movie, did take me out of myself for a couple of hours. Didn’t much feel like going home afterwards, so had a look in a couple more shops then noticed as we were passing the local theatre that the final showing of the family play The Snow Queen was playing in hour – so on a whim got tickets for that too! It is definitely the first time I’ve ever attended two shows of any kind in one day.

The problem with all of it was the timing of my eating. Had a late breakfast so ate quite a late, light lunch, then had to have supper at 6:00pm in order to be in time for the show. I was also prone to comfort eating sweets and alcohol, so ended up having an ice cream at the movies, a cocktail with dinner, some chocolates and a coke during first act of the show, and a glass of Prosecco at intermission. All told, I had over 1100 calories from treats and alcohol yesterday, 45% of yesterday’s calories. Proof of what happens when I don’t get enough to eat or enough of any one nutrient at my main meals!

I had a really good time yesterday, so it was worth it, but its back on track today!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2567.96
147.68g
267.31g
75.66g
28.00g
17.94g
23%
42%
27%
8%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
09:15
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
10:00
Black Tea
500mL
11:00
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
13:45
Turkey fajita mix
170g
Old El Paso Refried beans
125g
Waitrose Cornish Quartz Cheddar
10g
15:30
Ben & Jerry's Caramel Chew Chew ice cream
150mL
18:00
Rump steak
8 oz
Ketchup
2 tbsp
Mashed potatoes with butter
about 100g
Mixed salad, no dressing
about 20g
Gilled tomato
1/2 tomato
Strawberry margarita
small
19:00
Coca Cola
250mL
Galaxy Minstrels
about 100g
20:00
Prosecco
1 glass

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment