Saturday 7 January 2012

Beaten by the Buffet

Eating at a buffet is a fine art; on the one hand you can gently graze your way through a metric tonne of food without really realising, on the other you can carefully pick and choose just one of each of the most appetising options and (again without really realising) only have half a meal and be hungry an hour later – just in time for a snack attack.

Yesterday I fell into the second category. I had a wonderful lunch - which included 2 kinds of gluten free rolls - at a very chic vegetation buffet restaurant just off Regent’s Street called tibits (well, a girl has got to live the high life every now and then). Everything had a card indicating what was gluten free and there were many delicious options. I was in food heaven and on my best behaviour, so I used all the good buffet tricks, small plate, gather everything in one trip and just get one of each thing. I’m guessing I had about 400 calories, high in fat and low in protein, but I really have no idea since I had a little bit of at least twelve different dishes. I thought I had done OK but I was absolutely starving and craving sweets an hour later – which is how I ended up having chocolate mousse and cappuccino at Pret a Manger.

Proof of just how hard it is to manage my diet when I eat out!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2143.46
100.01g
220.46g
74.31g
25.80g
17.52g
19%
41%
31%
8%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
09:00
Black Tea
500mL
10:00
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
10:45
Irish Yoghurts Diet Fruits of the forest
125g
Clementines
120g
13:30
Vegetarian buffet at tibits
450g
15:00
Pret a Manger Chocolate mousse
1 portion
Pret a Manger cappuccino
1 regular
with sugar
2 packets
19:15
Waitrose whole roasted chicken, breast meat
102g
Waitrose prepared fresh broccoli and butternut
100g
Essential Waitrose Bramley apple sauce
20g
Rosé wine
150mL
19:45
Waitrose Wensleydale with Cranberries
25g
Waitrose Cornish Quartz Cheddar
25g
Seedless green Grapes
50g
Rosé wine
150mL

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment