Friday 23 December 2011

A Typically Festive Day

Yesterday was a lovely day here, bright, sunny, and quite mild in temperature. Too bad I was in no shape to enjoy it. While I know the alcohol I had the night before did have something to do with my state of being yesterday, I’m not convinced it was all hangover, as the worst of it was a very sore throat and tight chest. I was also feeling very tired and headachy when I woke up but that passed. Still, it was not a day to push my luck with a trip to the gym, so I guess this really is going to be a resting week after all, especially as I definitely feel a cold coming on this morning.

Once again a fairly typical festive season day for me. In other words, I was doing fine until after dinner, when I decided what I really needed were chocolates. Subtract those 400 calories of sugar and fat, and I wasn’t doing too badly on calories or nutrient balance, even with the vegetarian lunch. On the other hand, I think I am doing really well at simply adding the treats to my diet and still getting enough healthy food. Of course now that I have cream in the house (in preparation for Christmas dinner) my husband couldn’t resist making a creamy steak sauce to go with dinner, rather than our typical low fat, low calorie gravy. Naturally it was lovely, as in fact the cream and brandy base he used will be the same for our dessert sauce on Christmas day! It may not be great for the waistline, but this Christmas I am grateful for my husband’s abilities in the kitchen!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2332.12
103.30g
296.66g
81.39g
0
31.17g
18%
51%
31%

Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
08:30
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself smoked bacon medallions
82g
Mesa Sunrise cereal
60g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pressed apple and cherry juice
200mL
09:00
Black Tea
500mL
10:00
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
11:30
TriBerry Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
750mL
12:45
Egyptian Aubergine &Tamarind Stew (Leon's Recipe)
400g
Merchant Gourmet tinned puy lentils
100g
Irish Yoghurts Diet Fruits of the forest
125g
Homemade sugar cookies
55g
13:30
Green Tea
250mL
15:00
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
15:45
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
2 Satsumas (Mandarin oranges)
85g
Skim milk
200mL
20:00
Camomile Tea
250mL
20:15
Sainsbury's extra lean beef escalopes
100g
Mashed potatoes (nothing added)
210g
Seamed carrots
80g
Creamy peppercorn brandy sauce
about 80mL
21:00
Quality Street chocolates
9 pieces

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment