Thursday 1 December 2011

Diet Goals for December

Once again I was doing fine yesterday until I decided to have a treat after dinner and then couldn’t stop at one! I was at just over 1650 calories for the day but was feeling a bit low after dinner and after 2 brownies I topped out at 2072 calories. Fortunately I had a rather large workout earlier in the day where I burned over 500 calories, which offsets the brownies to some extent.

I think this is going to be the theme this month. I’m going to try to stick to my normal diet as much as possible but we both know the closer it gets to Christmas the harder that’s going to be, and I know better than to try to eat lightly the last 10 days of December. I would rather enjoy myself, and worrying about losing weight is not condusive to relaxation and enjoyment of all that seasonal food. So I will put in all the hard work in the gym and on the road for the first three weeks of the month, then I’ll stop worrying about it. I’m pretty sure a lost a couple of pounds in November (weight and measurements tomorrow!) so my goal for December will simply be not to gain any weight. I’ll stick to my usual 1800 calories per day, divided between 25% protein, 45% carbohydrates, 30% fat, and 25g of fibre, as much as possible, trying to eat a bit less on my rest days. Of course my next rest week is the week before Christmas so I don’t think I’ll manage to keep the calories as low as I did during the last one! But as we are not going away this year, with any luck I will be spending plenty of time in the gym with my husband between Christmas and New Year’s.

So this month’s goal: To enjoy Christmas without gaining any weight and to offset the treat calories with plenty of exercise.

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2072.95
126.73g
229.36g
72.10g
0
30.90g
25%
44%
31%

Calories burned through exercise:
505


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
08:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Mattesson's Turkey rashers
3 rashers
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's orange, mango and passionfruit juice
200mL
10:00
Black Tea
500mL
11:00
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Red Apple
about 100g
11:30
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
13:15
Genius brown bread toast
2 slices
Princes Tuna chunks (in brine, drained)
66g
with Hellmann's light mayonnaise
13g
and Branston gherkin relish
10g
Spinach
30g
Raw tomato
110g
Kraft Light Honey Mustard dressing
10g
Irish Yoghurts Diet Pear and Mango
125g
14:30
Resistance workout + 30 minute bike
Lemon-Lime Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
750mL
16:00
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
19:00
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
20:30
Homemade beef stew
460g
Mrs Crimble's Gluten Free Double chocolate brownies
2 brownies

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment