Tuesday 13 December 2011

Getting off the Slippery Slope

Apparently I can get off the slippery slope of too much Christmas cheer; I just have to be really busy! I had a moment of panic on Sunday night as I was putting together my ‘To do’ list for the week when I realised that Christmas was less than two weeks away and I have a ton of things to do before December 23rd.  Some involving my business, like making sure our first shipment of product arrived before December 23rd, and some were more personal items, like getting all the Christmas presents in the mail. Either way, yesterday was quite hectic so it was all could do to remember to eat at the right times. It did result in a healthier day, with plenty of fibre and vegetables, and 24% protein. I would have preferred higher fats and fewer carbohydrates as I had a resistance workout, not a cardio one, but giving my body a rest from all the fats is probably not a bad thing either.

I’m not sure that having a 1000 calorie difference from one day to the next is a good thing though. I do believe that you should vary your calorie intake from day to day depending on your activity levels, but the idea is to eat more on your workout days, not less! I’m actually a bit concerned that binging on rest days and not getting quite enough on exercise days will result in my putting on a few pounds, as my body tries to store up the binge calories to fuel my workouts. Of course, there is the added problem that working out usually suppresses the appetite for a few hours afterwards, reducing the chances of overeating.

I should probably make a greater effort to eat less on my rest days, but given it’s December and the junk food is in the house, I think it more likely that this week I will simply be upping my calories on my workout days!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
1695.08
102.68g
220.83g
43.50g
0
31.08g
24%
52%
23%

Calories burned through exercise:
445


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Whole Scrambled egg with 2 egg whites
3 eggs
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's pure squeezed orange juice
200mL
09:00
Resistance workout
Lemon Lime Nuun electrolyte tablet in water
750mL
10:45
Sponser Protein Snack bar
1 bar
12:00
Black Tea
500mL
13:30
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
14:00
New Covent Garden Pea and Ham soup
300g
Tomato
135g
Total Greek yoghurt
125g
Sainsbury's frozen mixed blueberries and strawberries
100g
Quality Street chocolates
3 pieces
14:30
Green Tea
250mL
18:15
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Red Apple
about 100g
20:30
Sainsbury's extra lean beef escalopes
87g
Steamed new potatoes
200g
Steamed parsnips
82g
Steamed carrots
57g
Bisto Best beef gravy
about 5g
22:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment