Monday 12 December 2011

Help! I'm on a slippery slope and can't get off!

Well that didn’t go as planned. Ladies and Gentlemen, this blog has a new record for the number of calories consumed in a single day by yours truley: 2683 calories consumed yesterday (first time over 2600!). As I mentioned previously, I woke up yesterday morning feeling somewhat stiff and sore from my big workout on Saturday, so wasn’t really in the mood to go out Christmas shopping. I did make it out to the shops relatively early but had a difficult time with the crowds, finding the gifts I had in mind (at a price I could afford), and a couple of stores I wanted to visit were closed. Even the weather was dark and drizzly. My husband decided that what I needed was food I didn’t have to cook so we went out to Nando’s for lunch, which wasn’t bad calorie-wise. However, I was still in a foul mood when we got home, so he went out and brought back some Christmas cheer: Gluten free mince pies and shortbread cookies, two chocolate selection boxes and port, sherry and advocaat. And I was in enough of a mood to take advantage of all of it!

So once again a rather low protein and high fat day, though it’s the distribution of the calories that really get me. Of yesterday’s 2683 calories, 13% were from alcoholic drinks, 17% mince pies and almost 20% chocolates, which altogether is a full 50% of my calories from ‘Christmas cheer’. In fact, I'd so much junk food I couldn't finish all the rice and peas with my supper. Now I think I’ve given up on losing any weight this month (and keeping my daily calories below 1800) but surely I can maintain a better balance that that! 

Of course the problem is that all these lovely things are now in the house so doubly hard to avoid. Any advice on avoiding at least some of this temptation over Christmas?

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2683.77
103.25g
314.91
92.39
27.60g
21.81g
15%
47%
31%
7%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
09:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Whole Scrambled egg with 2 egg whites
3 eggs
Heinz Beanz, reduced sugar and salt
175g
Mushrooms
100g
in butter
5g
Tomato
76g
Sainsbury's pure squeezed orange juice
200mL
10:00
Black Tea
500mL
13:00
Nando's 1/4 chicken in mango lime sauce
with Sweet potato mash
1 serving
Chamomile tea
200mL
14:00
Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry
50g
15:15
Sainsbury's Freefrom mince pies
2 pies
Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry
50g
15:45
Quality Street chocolates
9 pieces
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
17:00
Advocaat liqueur
90mL
19:00
Quality Street chocolates
3 pieces
20:00
Thai Taste Easy Thai Green Curry Kit
about 1/2 pack
with Chicken breast meat
125g
Basmati rice
about 35g (dry)
Frozen peas
50g
22:30
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment