Saturday 17 December 2011

A Very Stressful Week

Quite frankly I had a very busy and very disappointing week. And like most people I tend to comfort myself with sweet treats and alcohol when I get stressed. So no surprise that my average daily calorie intake was over 2235 this week but fortunately I also averaged over 400 calories burned through exercise per day.

As I’ve mentioned before I run a small import and distribution company from home. Last week I had placed an order for goods to be shipped from our supplier in Germany to our warehouse in Swindon. I had some trouble finding a transport company that could get the delivery done before Christmas, as they are all so busy this time of year, but I did find one who said it could be done so long as they could pick up the goods by Wednesday morning. After many calls and e-mails back and forth to the supplier to make sure the goods would be ready, the transport company, the warehouse in this country who would take delivery, and my bank to make sure everything would be paid for on time, I had everything ready to go by Tuesday evening. Or so I thought.

I got a call at 4pm on Friday from the transport company to say that they were unable to make the pick up because when they arrived at the factory in Germany, no one there had ever heard of us and claimed they knew nothing of the shipment! And 4pm here means it was already 5pm in Germany, so there was no way to get it sorted before the weekend! So by 5:00pm yesterday, having spoken to everyone I could reach and concluded it would have to get sorted on Monday, I poured myself into a hot bath with a drink, box of chocolates and trashy novel. Some days, that’s the best you can do!

The Score:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:
Alcohol:
Fibre:
2312.62
97.41g
283.86g
83.06g
7.8g
26.82g
17%
49%
32%
2%
Calories burned through exercise:
Rest Day


What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
07:45
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 each
Cold water
200mL
Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself smoked bacon medallions
70g
Gluten Free fruit muesli
70g
Alpro Soy milk
120mL
Sainsbury's orange, mango and passionfruit juice
200mL
09:30
Black Tea
500mL
10:45
Brazil nuts
6g
Cashews
17g
Red Apple
about 90g
Raspberry and Echinacea tea
250mL
13:30
Nigiri Sushi
7 pieces
Edamame
1/2 cup
Green Tea
300mL
16:30
Prewett’s Shortbread Christmas Trees
3 cookies
Orange, mango and cinnamon tea
250mL
17:00
Cadbury Heroes chocolates
30g
17:45
Cadbury Heroes chocolates
100g
Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry
50g
19:45
New Covent Garden Pea and Ham soup
300g
Waitrose Cornish Quartz Cheddar
35g
Tomato
135g
23:00
Ellactiva Chocolate Calcium Chew
1 chew
500mg Glucosamine sulphate
1 pill

Plus 500 to 1500mL of cold water sipped from a water bottle throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment