Sunday 2 October 2011

My Worst Diet Day of the Year

I think Murphy has it out for me this time: the first day I start blogging my diet diary I have more trouble finding gluten free food than I have in years. I have spent the last three days at The Cycle Show in Birmingham (http://www.cycleshow.co.uk/) and I find one of the worst places to find gluten free food is at conference centres and trade shows. The catering at most trade shows runs high to typical fast food: burgers, fish and chips, and sandwiches. And if you stay over several days, it just isn’t convenient to bring a packed lunch. But to make matters worse we then went from the Cycle Show to the National Track Cycling Championships (http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/track) in Manchester yesterday afternoon. When we stopped for lunch at a roadside services all they had were pies, lasagne, fish and chips, and a selection of sandwiches. I had some beef jerky and crisps as a snack, thinking we would stop for a proper meal when we got to Manchester. Unfortunately we hit traffic and didn’t reach the National Cycling Centre until just before the event started at 5pm. And if there is anywhere worse for gluten free food options than a conference centre, it has to be a sports arena!

I think this would be classed as the low point, so onwards and upwards!

The Score:

Calories
Protein
Carbohydrates
Fat
Fibre
2462.51
77.11
334.72
87.78
20.13
12.53%
54.37%
32.08%



What I ate:
Time
Item
Amount
08:00
Vitamins - Centrum Advance A to Zinc, 400iu of Vitamin E, 1000iu Vitamin D3 and 500mg Glucosamine sulphate
Poached eggs
2
Baked beans
175g
Mushrooms
80g
in butter
5g
Tomatoes
100g
Gluten free bread
1 slice
with maragirine
5g
and honey
1/2 tbsp
Fruit salad
about 180g
Apple juice
100mL
Black Tea
300mL
with milk
30mL
and sugar
8g
12:20
Brazil nuts
8g
Cashews
17g
13:30
Wild West Original Beef Jerky
22g
Fairfields Farm Cheese and Chive Crisps
40g
New Covent Garden Red Berry Fruit Blend smoothie
250mL
16:30
Beef pattie
about 4 oz
Chips
1 serving
Coke
500ml
19:00
Crunchie bar
1 bar
Coke
500ml

No comments:

Post a Comment